Translate CC, keystroke, or single notes to chords

Hi. I do not own a Bome box or the MIDI Translator Pro software yet - but I’m seriously considering it - but trying to figure out if it can do what I need before I purchase :-). I use a Line6 Helix Rack to control a Korg Wavestate synth module. The Helix can send CC messages or keystrokes when changing a snapshot or preset. I would like to be able to have that tricker a chord on the Wavestate i.e., a cc or keystroke message in (to the Bome box) and a chord out. So for instance sending keystroke A to the Bome box and having the Bome box sending notes A, C and E to the Wavestate. In other instances, I can send a note out from the Helix but would like to change that to a chord. So e.g. sending any note to the Bome box and having the Bome box sending a minor chord with that root note to the Wavestate. Is this possible? Hope you can help and thanx in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

You would need both BomeBox and Bome MIDI Translator Pro. The Bome MIDI Translator Pro project would handle the translation when running on BomeBox. You would develop the project file on PC or Mac and when you have it working, upload it to your BomeBox.

I have a simple example attached here were you type in the root note and the major 3rd and 5th are generated as chords. I have protection so that if the 3rd or 5th falls greater than note 127 (highest note in MIDI) then nothing sounds.

Here are the rules in the translators:

// input note is root note pp
//add third to tt
tt=pp+4
// add fifth to uu
uu=pp+7
// if either third or fifth is out or range, then ignore
if tt>127 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

The example is very simplified. You could probably use modifier keys to enable different presets for things like minor, dominant 7th, major 7th, etc.

Also in my simple example, the the root is always the lowest note. You might add ways to change it to allow for chord inversions. All of this logic would be done in rules.

Note-to-Major Triad.bmtp (1.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz