Trigger translator based on errorlevel of external command

In one of my translators, there is an outgoing action “execute file” where I call a Windows batch file. Inside the batch file, I call an .exe file.

I want to execute another action only when the errorlevel of the executed exe file is 0.

Inside the batch file, I can check for the errorlevel of the executed .exe and do whatever I want in this case.

My question is: what is the easiest way to “tell” Bome Midi Traslator from inside the batch file that another translator should be triggered?

In my research, I found ways to simulate key strokes from a batch file, which I then could catch in Bome. But these solutions are pretty elaborate and I wonder whether there is a simpler solution and I just don’t see it.

Best regards!
Mikael

Hi and welcome to the forum!

On Windows, currently Bome MIDI Translator recognizes incoming keystrokes and MIDI messages only so you will need to send keystrokes (as you are currently doing) or convert you output to MIDI and send it to an incoming MIDI port so Bome can recognize the resulting action.

On Mac, you can also set Bome global variables with AppleScript but since you mentioned you are using a batch file, I assume you are on Windows PC.

There is a beta version (1.8.5) of MT Pro which should eventually release that you can invoke command line options to set global variables. If you want, you can request a copy using our contact form .

Beta versions, however usually expire periodically without notice (mine expires in 10 days from now) so perhaps you should wait until the next release? I’m not sure when the next production release will be available.

For converting keystrokes to MIDI, I could script something together for you for a fee using AutoHotKey that would convert an incoming keystroke to MIDI. If interested, drop me an email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Possibly in a future release, adding the ability to capture a simple return value from an external program, 0 or 1 would be more than adequate, would allow users to write elaborate programs outside of MT Pro and thus make the best MIDI Tool in existence even better. Just a thought. Having to convert such to a keystroke as is currently required only has to be done once and then it’s nothing more than a copy/paste operation from then on.

Well as I said when a future version of Bome MIDI Translator releases, you will be able to use its command line to set global variable and even trigger an event that should do what you want.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like