Try to use FCB 1010 UNO1 ton control Beat step pro but nothing work

I just try to use a footswitch pedal to control the play button rec button or play/pause button of the Beat step pro but it looks that no signal is comming from bome translator pro to the BSP. I don’t know what to do. I take the FCB 1010 as an input (simple CC 39 channel 10 signal ) and try try to transform that as an output for the BSP as a signal (in the midi capture) but nothing work…

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I believe the Beatstep Pro will require that is in external sync mode with external timing clock to control the transport remotely. Do you also have an external timing clock source that you can use to send to the Beatstep Pro?

Do you want the single CC to control both Play and Stop?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi steve,
Thank you i used bome to try the loop station med on ableton but i’m back to try to set up a loop station with rc500, beat step pro
I can use my loop pedal rc 500 as a clock but i’ve tried it doesn’t seems to work either.

I want just one footswitch from the fcb1010 to play pause and another footswitch to do stop it would be better if my BSP can be the master of all, as the ring :p. I suceed to just play a note on the footswitch to translate as an other note on the BSP to try and see if everything work fine but nothing happens with the transport.

Best regards,

Well, since I’m not sure whether the Beatstep Pro response to MMC commands or standard Play/Stop commands, I created a project that does both.

Translator 0.1 will toggle the state of Play/Pause toggling the value of the global variable ‘ga’. In the rules, we either trigger Perform ‘Play’ or Perform ‘Pause’.

Translator 0.2 will trigger Perform ‘Stop’

Translators 0.4 through 0.6 will send the appropriate MMC command and translators 0.8 through 0.10 will send the appropriate MIDI command. You probably will only need to enable MMC translators or MIDI standard translators depending on what your BeatStep Pro accepts.

The device selection is set at the preset level and input is from FCB 1010 only and output is BeatStep Pro Only.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

I’ve set up the following aliases. Please ensure you assign the properly to your devices.

For me I’m using a MIDI Hub as the clock source and turning clock on and off using CC 48.
The second preset translators control CC 48 to my MIDI Hub based on the transport state.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

I have the following MIDI thru paths.

• Clock Source to BeatStep Pro - To send clock to the Beatstep
  • From Clock Control to Clock Control Signal. This sends commands to my MIDIHub to turn on and off clock as I have programmed the MIDIHub.

And I have attached the project file here. It is important that you properly assign the aliases to your devices for it to work and that you have appropriate clock source.

FCB-1010-Arturia-Start-Stop-2024-08-29.bmtp (3.5 KB)

I tested this with my BeatStep (non Pro version).
If you don’t need to control timing clock, simply disable preset 1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Wouawe you are unbelievable thank you for all this ! I try this now !
Thank you for this really thank you !

Cordially .

1 Like