Unlimited Named MIDI Ports License

Somehow my Unlimited Named MIDI Ports license don’t work anymore. Recently I’ve been reinstalling OS on one of my Macs. Advise.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Do you still show that there is an active license?

If not, do you still have your license key?

You can recover your license key by logging into your Bome Account, then clicking on the ‘Products’ tab.

If neither of these are the problem, could you further explain what ‘doesn’t work’ any more?

Thanks!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Situation is as follows.
The license still works on one of my Macs,
but on the other (the one that I had to reinstall OS and Bome software on)
while trying to enter license info it gives me:

Bome.tiff

Thank you in advance,

Yours, Leo Ozolin

(Attachment Bome.tiff is missing)

Bome1.jpg

Did you use copy and paste to enter the information? Also if you copied from document file instead of from the web site, it may have converted any quotes into open and close quotes which would cause problems.

“ ” = wrong
″ ″ = right

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

It’s not the case. Typing or copy paste errors that’s what I had excluded from the equation before
I wrote for support. Still I have just tried again to make sure.
I guess, something is wrong with the counting mechanism of installed lisences.
Probably we should kill the current license and issue a new one?

I don’t think it has to do with the count of licenses because it doesn’t say count is exceeded. I can certainly escalate the issue to see if there are any other possibilities. How many licenses do you have for Unlimited Named MIDI Ports? You are not supposed to use 1 license on multiple systems simultaneously but I don’t think there are any controls for doing this.

Every time we’ve run into a license issue it has either been a typo or a special character (usually the user name) as part of the license. The user name and license key also have to match exactly what you have on the Bome Web site.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

The issue is resolved. Seems like the problem was in my firewall settings.
Sorry for my not looking into that possibility in the first place. And thank you.
Your product makes life so much easier!

Interesting. That shouldn’t affect Unlimited Named MIDI Port, but possibly Bome Network itself which uses port 37000 for discovery and I think up in that range as well for various communications.

Anyway, I’m happy the issue is resolved!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care