using the Mackie TT24 mixer in the control surface

Do you have the pro version of Eltima Monitory?
No, the trial version 14 days.

The standard version requires exclusive access to the port?

no access free data is not stopped. TT24 control can continue to work

Is there a way to monitor between the TT24 console and the software to see what data
is being transferred?

yes the Eltima monitory, but I do not know how to interpret the data.

Try all the speeds until you see something that seems reasonable. Not for many FF and 00.

I tried all the speeds nothing works except 9600 baud

It is possible that this interface uses its own proprietary serial protocol
that should be modified.

yes I think it’s a solution but how?
I had imagined to duplicate in a software way the data which passes by the com3 port.
an output for TT24 software and one for MTpro … but again, how?

Well until you get the baud rate matched and see meaningful data, I’m afraid it would be difficult to reverse engineer. Once you get meaningful data, then you turn each vpot and then document what it is sending.

Did you try the higher baud rates like maybe 115,200? I would think that Mackie would have set up to handle the highest possible baud rate that a USB COM port allowed (as of 2004 when the console was released)

Have you tried higher transmission speeds like maybe 115 200?

yes but over 19200 baud the mixer does not respond anymore.
I haven't tried 115200. Is there a danger for the mixer or for the computer?
  on the other hand, how could Mackie use the port with such speed if TT24 software 
installs the com3 TT24 port at a higher 9600 baud rate? I'm not sure what I'm saying but I'm trying to understand Mackie's logic. If Mackie needed more bandwidth they would probably have set the com3 on a live  can we dynamically modify this speed or should we define it from the beginning? I think Mackie would have set up to handle the highest possible baud rate that an 
authorized USB COM port (from 2004 when the console was released). To this question I have no answer I do not know ... I'm sorry I can't bring more
 information. what data format should I search with Eltima monitory?

I would go with data dump format that shows hex characters.

I would go with the data dump format that shows hexadecimal characters.

ok i am trying to make a file of this type and i am sending it to you.
I will make a file by selectable speed.

in the order of the commands used. I’ll move the fader. then the panoramic.
then the mute on / mute off

this test protocol is right for you?

OK, might be nice if we could get it using. Nice mixer but as a control surface it is more of a boat anchor without this functionality.

Yes that's exactly it. which control surface would you buy today for cubase?

I will go do the tests

Of the control surfaces I have, I kinda like my APC40 MK2. However if you want motorized faders, you might look at Presonus or Behringer. They both have various controllers and I think some of them actually support Mackie MCP protocol. Note that if the controller you end up with doesn’t output the data that CUBASE needs. You still have Bome MT Pro to convert MIDI message for you.

I actually have several DAW’s loaded (mostly demo version) but I only use them if I can for testing when users come to this board with questions.

I have a good new. I changed the USB cable. I put the speed 155200 baud in com3 
port in windows 7 and in MTpro. 
I receive a lot of data. As soon as I move a vpot data is sent through the USB port 
and received in MTpro. but the data seems crazy. I have for the same vpot data pitchbend 
data notes polypressure data ... a little bit of everything and in a totally random order.
 the same vpot position does not give the same result.
we are progressing
I'm going for tonight. I'm going to go to sleep a very big day is waiting for me tomorrow. 
Thank you for the information and your help. I think we can be find a solution. 
good night, see you tomorrow.
eric

usually, there is no risk in trying different baud rates. If you chose the wrong baud rate, you’ll get corrupt data instead of the correct one.
155200 is a bad baud rate! Please use the drop-down list in the baud rate setup in MT Pro to try all standard baud rates.

hi florian,

I Florian,

i use the drop-down list in the baud rate setup in MT Pro to try all standard baud rates. i use 115200.

sorry!

I will test lower speeds

Attachments:
![](upload://3X4zJtai4Fj5OEyRqVJrmH9lkuu.jpeg)
![](upload://rXM7HYR6ITaOrVpR37rKDKUYWWl.jpeg)
![](upload://r09WCOj1fkPPL82fOg56v0cAJig.jpeg)
![](upload://3X4zJtai4Fj5OEyRqVJrmH9lkuu.jpeg)
![](upload://r09WCOj1fkPPL82fOg56v0cAJig.jpeg)
![](upload://rXM7HYR6ITaOrVpR37rKDKUYWWl.jpeg)
hi Florian
So, after all the possible tests I have to accept the evidence.
mackie TT24 will never play the role of control surface.
the data that MTPRO receives is convincing when cubase sends mixing information. 
Panoramic faders ... everything works but nothing is interpreted by the table. 
in the opposite direction even thing. all for one reason. it is impossible to define 
the private protocol of mackie TT24. if I set the baud rate as you told me I get data 
but they are not convincing. if I set the speed to 9600 baud TT24 software works well 
and the TT24 software fader moves when I move the fader of the table. but there TT24 
software no longer grants me access to com3 port so I can never anlyser conclusively 
the flow of data. all that remains is the com3 port data analysis by the serial 
port monitor software. but can you do something next? your time is precious and I don't 
want to abuse your kindness and your skills. I bought MTPRO thinking that mackie TT24
 would reveal its secrets. it is an uthopia.
do you still want a serial port file?

hi

here is the analysis file. I only moved the first fader.

Attachments:
1524686934281_COM3-Monitoring-Session-en-9600-baud.spm
hello Florian, hello steeve, I did not have any answers to my last post. Have you been 
able to look at the com3 port scan file?

I buy the non beta version but since the installation of the beta version the software 
tells me that I only have 49 days of use possible
best reagards

eric

I see a .spm file but didn’t know how to open it. It does not appear to be a text file.

i use this software

serial port monitor software.

https://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/

Hi, please see if you can export as text. I really don’t want to load this software onto my computer. I’ve used other software by them before and it messed up my serial port configuration.

ok

I copied the data into wordpad

Attachments:
1525118331170_analyse-port-USB-en-9600-baud-seond-file.rtf
1525118331181_analyse-port-USB-en-9600-baud.rtf
1525118458542_analyuse-port-USBen-9600-baud-second-file.txt
1525118458554_analyuse-port-USBen-9600-baud.txt
Hello,

here are some interesting files