using the Mackie TT24 mixer in the control surface

what software do you use for the analysis. I will try to download it

Hi, The messages with starting with Ex seem promising. They look like they might be pitch bend messages

For instance EE 5F 6E looks like it could be moving fader #5 with with LSB 5F and MSB 6E.

I would recommend, you try sending a message like these to the the COM3 port and see if any faders move.
The messages that start with less than 8 in the first byte look like they always show as a timeout.
F8 looks like a MIDI sync message.
CF 5A looks like a knob controller change.

Again, I would try sending the fader message at 9600 baud and see if anything changes. Since your unit has motorized faders, you should be able to see if they move.

Steve

I just opened a text editor and looked at the files you posted. I’m just looking for common MIDI type messages.

I saw in one of your messages you use puttytel. I installed it.
here is the setting.and here is what I get

I found a program that duplicates the com3 port (virtual serial port). this should avoid: access denied

Attachments:

I would do tests tomorrow night
Good night

Hi, I’m not sure you will be able to send this data with Puttytel. Puttytel is an ascii based terminal emulator and the bytes I’m seeing are really just hex representation of 8 bit binary values.

Best to open the COM3 port with MT Pro and then send the raw binary bytes from there as you would normally sent MIDI values.

Steve