Virtual midi port

Hi, so I have a BOME virtual unlimited midi port license
and I tried to send a PC from Ableton live 11 to MAIN STAGE 3.6.1
I open a midi track in Ableton and send the midi out to the port I have created in BOME
and choose the same midi port in MAIN STAGE for PC.
it seems that I’m missing something because when I trigger Ableton nothing appears to be happening in MAIN STAGE and it doesn’t get any PC

any suggestions?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Thanks for your purchase!

Creating virtual ports is the first step which creates endpoints (input and output). After that in order to use the port, you will need to route the MIDI between endpoints (to itself or other virtual ports).

You do this in the MIDI router of Bome Network Prol

Say you created a port named “MyPort” and you want it to act like a MIDI pipe. (Anything coming into MyPort virtual in gets sent to MyPort virtual out.

In the Bome Network tool, go to the MIDI Router.

You will be presented with a list of virtual ports that are currently routed. My list is extensive so I will only show a few items.

To add a route, click on the plus button.

You will then be presented with a list of source and destination ports. Simply click on the desired source and destination and then click “Add”. See illustration below:

No anything coming into “MyPort” will go out to “MyPort”.

There are many advance routings you can also do as in the first screenshot I showed you. In that example, I routed my physical APC-MINI in port to 3 separate destination ports so it acts as a MIDI splitter. Each application can have its own copy of the incoming MIDI signal.

Let me know if this helps or if you have further questions.

FYI, when I installed Unlimited Virtual Ports, I had the exact same question so you are note alone in the initial confusion.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz