Virtual Midi Ports without BMTP open?

Hi,

is there a way to keep the virtual MIDI ports active without the need to keep MIDI Translator running? I would like to communicate MIDI between applications but cannot use IAC since the loopback interferes with the functionality. But I don't need any Translators from BMTP, just the ports, and would prefer to not have another application open in the background when I'm running my computer on stage. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Karan

Hi,

Bome Virtual Ports require one end of the connection to be Bome MIDI Translator Pro and the other to be a device or different application (Not MT Pro). So no, you need to have MT Pro open and use that app as the \"routing application\" between source and destination applications.

If you don\'t need translation, then you can just set up static routes by drawing lines between the input and output ports.

Or, if you get Bome Network Pro, the new version has an add-on called \"unlimited virtual ports\", which will allow you to do what you want to do. You use the routing feature of unlimited virtual ports to handle the routing between any applications and can also use the routing for merge, split, and monitor functions.

I think it is currently available on the current public 1.2.10 Beta if you want to test it.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

thanks for your response. I see, I wasn’t aware that the virtual Ports lead to BMTP first, but I guess that makes sense. For now, I think I’ll just settle on leaving it open and using the static route. The impact on the CPU should be negligible if I have no presets and no translators in the project, right?

Thanks

Sounds good. Yes, negligible impact to CPU since all it is doing is dumb routing.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz