Virtual Port Names In Windows

Hi All
Been a while since I was here.
Im wondering if there has been any progress in Alias/port names appearing correctly in the operating system etc yet?

I have the latest v 1.9 windows loaded but still no naming in eg DAW

It is confusing without human readable named references so Im using loop midi atm but would prefer to simply have MTP handling it all

Thanks

Hi, and welcome back!

The virtual port names in Bome MIDI Translator Pro are still the same (either short names or long names) and cannot be renamed. However Bome Network Pro has an add-on option called “Unlimited Named Virtual Ports” which allows you to generate any names you need. It also allows for advanced routing so you can do things like MIDI merge and MIDI split functions. If you used this, then you could set MT Pro Virtual Ports to 0 and then use the Unlimited Virtual Port feature to do similar to that of loopMIDI (with the extra routing functionality that loopMIDI does not provide).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve
Would be so nice to have aliases appears as port names…but not a showstopper.
Prob adding too much complexity to engage add the extra functionality of add on def overkill but i appreciate the info…all the port merging etc is already granular enough to manage just about anything in mtp; as is.

Great to hear from you :slight_smile:

Yes, I believe having user defined names in MTP at the OS level is still an open feature request. This is something I would like as well.

Regards,

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like