Where do the created backup files reside?

I’ve just made a slight “booboo” with my patch, saved it and cannot locate where Bomes saves the backup file to.

It’s not in the project folder.

Any ideas?

Thanking you.

T

Edited to add: Mac version 1.9.0

Hi,
It is best if you make your own backups, however you might want to look in your Finder under Documents/Bome MIDI Translator/Presets

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Nope, i’d go so far to say on 1,9.0 even with the check box ticked it ain’t saving backups …

Hi, MT Pro keeps temporary backup files here:

Windows: %APPDATA%\Bome\TempProjects
MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Bome/TempProjects/

Where %APPDATA% can be entered like that with the % signs into the Windows Explorer address bar, and where ~ is the user home folder on MacOS, e.g. /Users/florian. Note that the Finder hides the Library folder, so you’ll need to use the Go|Go to Folder menu function to enter that path.

These temporary backup files are meant to be used internally for keeping the current state, no matter if the user has saved the current bmtp file or now. This feature is not yet complete, but you will be able to find intermediate states in that list of .bmtp files.

That’s also why it’s not yet specified in the user’s manual.

1 Like

Thanks, @FlorianBome !

I have actually never used the temporary files. When I make a change to the project I open the original project, save it as a backup, then save it under the new name that I’m editing.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Apologies for the delay in responding. Thank you for the location. Saved me bacon again!

Thanks.

1 Like