Wifi/Network status LEDs blinking

So I recently bought my second Bomebox. The first one works perfectly fine, but the second one doesn´t seem to.
A few seconds after plugging it in, the Wifi and network status LEDs start to blink and won´t stop.
I´ve tried powering it with POE and Micro USB (both are working on my other Bomebox)
I´ve tried the Network Reset and the Reset to Factory Defaults. Both with a 16GB FAT32 USB stick, .txt file ending, correct serial number.
Is there anything I´m missing, or is it just a faulty unit?

Thanks
Jakob

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Sorry you are having trouble.

By network status LED, do you mean the left LED of a given network port? If not, what LED as there is not an LED labeled ‘Network Status’.

What is your power LED doing? If connected to the other BomeBox via a Network Cable, does the other BomeBox detect that it is there?

If you have a connected computer. Does the computer see that it is there? Perhaps, if it connects you can get to the web config page of your BomeBox from there?

I assume you checked that the serial number on the network reset file on the thumb drive is correct. No 'O’s instead of “0”'s. Right amount of digits and now double .txt extension.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Also, what is the name you gave your first BomeBox? Each BomeBox should have a different name or things will get quite confusing. The factory name is ‘BomeBox’ so if you left it there, please rename your first BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks for your quick answer Steve:)

Yes the left LED of both ports is blinking.

The power LED is glowing constantly, but at like half the brightness of the blinking of the other lights.

I can´t connect my computer since the Wifi won´t start and connection via ethernet either over the POE switch or directly doesn´t work aswell.

I checked what you wrote about the reset file.

Thanks again.
Jakob

And the name that you gave your original BomeBox is?

Did you try just powering up the new BomeBox without the original connected to see what happens?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi @jocki

Did you get your issue resolved?

Hey Steve

I’ve just tried connecting the two bomeboxes together in various combinations (powered seperatly, powered via poe switch, daisy chained), but the faulty one doesn’t get discovered by the other one.

Renaming the one that works doesn’t change that.

When turned on seperatly, as well as in combination with the other bomebox it still blinks…

Best
Jakob

Thanks, Jacob! If you tried both network reset and factory reset correctly and it doesn’t work, perhaps it has been bricked. Did you purchase your BomeBox from our website, through a distributor or dealer or from an independent third party? If purchased directly through us, please contact us via our contact form so that we can make arrangements for a replacement. If purchased through a dealer or third party, please work through them, however please also let us know in case you don’t have any options from them for a return.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care