Windows Based soft MIDI buttons

I’m trying to find a software product which will allow me to create a few configurable screen based buttons which can trigger MIDI messages. I want this to sit on top of my Cakewalk DAW control screen which is windows based. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

I’m sure there might be something out there but I’ve not done a search as most people here are looking to control their software with external hardware controllers. If there is nothing pre-built, then you could probably build something with Microsoft Visual Studio or AutoHotkey.

Any application that has buttons and knobs that also sends MIDI would probably work.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

i found XotoPad!

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

annnnddd finally something great!!

Looks interesting!

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. Today I came across this Chameleon – SaveTheHuman5 which is designed as a Touch Controller for any MIDI software or hardware and which has a very flexible object creator for buttons, rotaries and sliders etc. It’s only $4.99 so I bought it and have made a start to get my additional buttons created. Worth a look!

Robert

Thanks, Robert!

Hi again
I am using the Chameleon software to create some screen based buttons to sit on top of my Cakewalk DAW Audio Software. No problem to get the buttons maps to MIDI CC but … I cannot find a way to map the Chameleon software based MIDI port to a hardware MIDI port (to control an external hardware device.

Are any of the Borne products capable of linking software MIDI ports to hardware MIDI ports?

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

I’m not that familiar with Chameleon, however if it has software based virtual ports, you can select the Chameleon Virtual Port as an input in Bome MIDI Translator Pro, and then route that input port to your desired hardware port using the MT Pro MIDI router. I’m assuming the Chameleon software cannot talk directly to hardware ports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve
Thanks for the suggestions which are really helpful.
Kind regards
Robert