X-Touch MINI MCU Remap

Hello, I have a Behringer X-touch MINI and I want to remap the MC Nudge button (Layer B Button) to be a flip button.(MC Mode) How to do it as not to affect the functions of most of the Buttons, only few buttons will be reassigned with MCU command. I needed also a bank previous and bank next buttons.

This can be done with Studio ONE in the Mackie Control .XML but there’s no way In Cubase or other DAW that I can find.

Hi,

I have a template that allows you to move from Mackie Mode to Layer Mode by double pressing button 16 (record). Double press the same button and you will be back in Mackie Mode. In layer mode you need to program the outgoing action to whatever you want.

Double pressing button 8 while in Mackie Mode will Flip the V-POTs to faders. Double press again and it is back to V-POTs

I’ll email you more details since you asked via email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

I noticed that the Encoder of Xtouch Mini when in Relative2 mode isn’t sending a clean data2 63=65 value when rotated fast, it overshoots to sometimes 61,62, CCW, and 66,67 CW.
It does function as intended when rotated slowly.

Can you help with the rules that it always sends 63CCW - 65CW?

Or maybe a global event for all the rotary in Relative mode?

Xtouch MINI clean CC output.bmtp (1.3 KB)

And can you share with me the Template where I can switch easily from Normal Mode to MC mode?
Thank you so much.

This example does this. We accept any value and set to qq, then we test the value and only activate it (using rules) if the direction is correct. We always send values of 65 (cw) and 63 (ccw)

Xtouch MINI clean CC output-sjc.bmtp (1.5 KB)

This should get you started, It will send back to the X-touch the mode and layer changes but doesn’t do any translation for the target application.

I use presets to enable Layer and MC mode. I set Mode Switch Preset to always enabled.

X-touch MINI - Mode Change.bmtp (2.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve.

It works perfect.

Glad to have been of help!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,

I also noticed that in the MC mode the Vpot isn’t giving me clean 1 and 65 value how can I fixed this? this is crucial because I am using the controller in an AutoHotkey environment.

X-touch MINI - Mode Change.bmtp (9.4 KB)

Yes, the VPOTs are designed as follows

Negative movement range from 65 and up for negative movement depending on how fast you turn it. For instance 65=Left 1 66=Left 2 67 = Left 3 etc.

For positive movement 1 = Right 1 2= Right 2 3 = Right 3 etc.

If you don’t want this acceleration, you can implement a translator as shown in the attached file. Basically we look at the value of the incoming CC message and we limit the output to 0x41 (65) for left turn and 0x1 (01) for right turn.

Here are the rules. We use pp for the CC number and qq for the value.

// Only V-Pots
if pp<0x10 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
if pp>0x17 then exit rules, skip outgoing action

// -1 only for negative
if qq>0x40 then qq=0x41
// 1 only for positive
if qq<0x40 then qq=1

X-touch MINI - Mode Change-Constant-VPOT.bmtp (3.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care