Xone K2 Flashing Buttons howto?

Hi there,

I try get a button flashing.
When I push button the LED is turned on and off vice versa.
I checked the flashing button tutorial, but the buttons blink only one, stay on all the time and are affecting all buttons, but I just need this only for Note ON CH15 Note 53 Velocity 127 all others should work as normal on and off.
Any hint is greatly appreciated (I am neither a bome nerd nor a programmer)
Thanks
Susi

Hi and welcome back. I’m not sure which LED and button you are talking about could you give me the button number, name or otherwise describe where it is?

The LED control of Xone 2 is different whether latching layers is on or off? How do you have it set?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

This demo shows it in non-latching layer mode with a note number of 39.

When the project opens the rules of translator 0.4 sets the note number in gc. If you want another note value change it to the number you want and then restart the project.

I use the global variable ga to toggle between 1 and 0 (on or off) and the value of gb to determine whether to start or stop the timer. I set the timer flash rate to 500ms (1/2 second)

Translator 0.0 starts the timer
Translator 0.1 stops the timer
Translator 0.2 is the timer
Translator 0.3 makes sure when you stop the timer the last message sent turns of the LED
Translator 0.4 sets the LED and button and button number (same LED as the button pressed)

Xone-K2-Flash-Demo-2024-02-12.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Edit: Changed it for Note 53.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Wow that´s amazing. Thanks Steve!
Thank you a lot.

One question,
What I need to do: if I want to activate the 53 blinking with pressing note 52 and disable 53 when I press note 53?
I am trying to find this out since 3 hours and have no success, I guess I have an error in my thoughts but I can´t see it.

Change your first translator incoming message as note 52 instead of the value of gc (which is 53).

Not tested but it should work

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

I tried this already, but it didn´t work this way.
Sometimes I can disable blinking, sometime not.
To disable blinking i have to do this:
52 activate 53 blinking
53 press to disable (it is still blinking)
52 activate 53 blinking (it is still blinking)
53 press to disable, now it stops blinking

Seem some variable is messed up and not triggered correctly, but I can´t find the rootcause

Thank you!

Yeah, just had to remove a few rules in the first two translators after changing incoming note to 52 to start the timer.

Xone-K2-Flash-Demo-2024-02-13.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

YAY, AMAZING!

Thank you!