Yamaha 01V96 VCM as Controller for Ableton

Hi,
Thanks for this.

The below project file should work.

• Preset 0 handles communication from your controller port 1 (Alias DM2000-1-HUI) to BMT 1 (Alias Application 1-8)
  • Preset 1 handles communication from BMT 1 (Application 1-8) and your controller port 1 (DM2000-1-HUI)
  • Preset 2 handles communication from your controller port 2 (Alias DM2000-2-HUI) to BMT 2 (Alias Application 9-16)
  • Preset 3 handles communication from BMT 2 (Application 9-16) and your controller port 2 (DM2000-2-HUI)
  • Preset 5 handles HUI Ping and Response

Since I don’t have your controller, I set up my device aliases as follows. I’m using my Launch Control XL for the first 8 tracks and my nanoKontrol2 for the tracks 9-16

I’m not using a Mackie Monitor.

Here is how I have Ableton Live set up.

I set up Remote for BMT 1 and BMT 2 in and out.

Here is the project file.

As I said each device sends the same info just on separate ports.

DM2000HUI-to-Ableton-Live-Mackie-2023-04-09.bmtp (107.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Never-sleeping-Steve!!!

I THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
It works - YES!!! IT WORKS!

So glad and thankful for your never ending help and support!

:green_heart:

Where is the donate-button?
You also can send me a PM and I will spend some money for this amazing support! Never had this as a customer!

Hi,

No donation needed but if you want to can just PayPal bome@sniz.biz any amount you would like. If you don’t have PayPal, you can PM me and I can give you some alternatives.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Money is out and again: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE TIME AND SUPPORT!!!

Thanks Marco!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

01V96-HUI-to-Ableton-Live-Mackie-2023-04-09 (1).bmtp (107.3 KB)

1 Like

After a while, I have to say: THANKS A LOT! The mapping works very well and it fits to my YAMAHA 01V96! Thanks a lot for all your support!
I will do a better Video soon.

Cheers!

Thanks Marco, I’m so glad I could help you get it working. Hopefully other users will also see the post and find it helpful if they have the same controller.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi there,
I’m trying the same as marco.
I used the latest .bmtp from this topic and everything seems to work nice despite of one thing:
If I move the faders on the 01V96 the faders in Ableton move to the desired position, but afterwards the faders on the 01V96 jump back to the old position. In Ableton the faders stay at the desired position. It seems, that Ableton (or BOME) send the old fadervalue to the 01V96 and not the new one. It’s really annoying. Does anyone have an idea?

Kind regards,

Leo

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

This is usually an indication that there is no MIDI feedback from the application (Ableton in this case). When this happens you should handle MIDI feedback within Bome MIDI Translator Pro as the controller will generally react only to the position of the fader from the remote application.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,
thank you for the fast reply!
If I move the faders in Ableton, the faders on the controller move to the desired position and stay there.
So the feedback from the application to the controller works fine.

Kind regards,

Leo

I’d have to look at the project file to see if there is something blocking MIDI feedback from going back to your controller while you are moving your faders on your controller.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,

I’m using the same project file marco pinned to the very first post.
But maybe I changed something in the wrong way?
Here it is:
01V96-HUI-to-Ableton-Live-Mackie-2023-04-09 (1).bmtp (106.8 KB)

The project file you posted is working perfectly for me. Please make sure you have your aliases setup to the right ports. Maybe you changed something in the project file? If so, you can download and try again.

I’m using a Behringer X-touch in HUI mode for testing.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve, im also trying ever so hard to get my 01v96i to work with Ableton live but with no success, I have tried Bome midi and download the settings file 01v96-HUI-to-Ableton-live-Mackie-2023-04-09.bmtp, tried everything explained here but no joy, im using the trial version that gives me 20mins before restarting the app, I would sure purchase it if I can get it to work, thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

First of all make sure you have your aliases set up correctly.

Here is how mine are set. You will need to set DM200-HUI-1 to point to your controller.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

My Mackie Monitor is a MCU software device so you probably will not be using that. You can also set that to ‘none-don’t ask again’.

Here is how I have set up Ableton Live. Note that BMT 1 in my case is the short name for Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual.

Then of course you will need to set your Yamaha Control to HUI mode.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you Steve I will try it again after my late launch, will post my progress :+1:

hi I have tried all mentioned above but still no luck, below is the settings I have used.

I finally found a solution for my problem.
Ableton, for whatever reason, only sends feedback midi data to the controller, if an audiodevice is selected.
So, if the faders jump back to the previous position, check if you have already selected your preferred audiodevice in the settings of ableton.

Im using the 01v96i as my preferred audio device in Ableton, could that be why im having issue’s, it does look like I have feedback midi as ableton shows midi activity as it flickers on and off constantly without me touching anything, also it does kick back my faders when in remote layer on 01v96i.

If you want to see what Ableton Live is sending, open the log window and check ‘MIDI IN’. You can’t rely on whether the messages being recieved are actually what is needed for fader feedback.

Also @ukgee snapshot of Ableton Live are wrong, you should be sending to Bome MIDI Translator and not directly to the Yamaha as the Yamaha only understands HUI and Ableton Live is sending MCU.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care