APC mini MK2 LED mapping for Chamsys, Magic Q

so I am using the Chamsys Magic Q i can map the midi just fine is there a way to use Bome so i can activate the pad LEDs on my APC mini mk2?

The new release of magic q lets me map the controller it just doesn’t let me control the pad colors. I assume i could make a macro to send the information out to my mini mk2 to have it turn on pad colors

everything for this online promotes Show Cockpit well if Bome can do it I already own it. I don’t want to purchase another program but I will if I need to.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Does Magic Q send any MIDI back to the controller? Ideally we can take what it sends back and manipulate it to light up the LEDs. However we need to know what Magic Q sends so turn on the log window and send me a screen shot of what it sends back and what color behavior you are looking for?

If not, that is OK, we would just need to know the behavior you want of the LEDs

Do you want the LED’s to toggle different colors? If so, what color for off and what color for off?

In the attached example, when pressing the button above the first slider, will light up all 64 of the main pads different colors using a timer. Each subsequent press, will shift the button colors.

The interesting thing about the APC-MINI MK2 is that the MIDI channel for the returned color represents the intensity or blinking state. For this reason, although the main pads send on MIDI channel 1, I send back on MIDI channel 7 so that the lights have high intensity. For the bottom and the slide lights (single color LED’s), you just send back on MIDI CH 1.

See this post as to how this controller handles LED feedback.

I have my aliases set up as follows. You should assign them to ‘APC mini mk2 1’. In this example I don’t send anything to the application.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

APC-MINI-MK2-Matrix-2024-04-15.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

A simpler feedback example can be shown in this tutorial although remember for the APC MINI MK2 for the matrix pads to be bright enough, you need to send notes back on MIDI CH 7.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I will try to get what Magic Q sends on the log for you. all i am wanting to do for lights might be simple.
i would like to have 4 colors a set to the pads that are always on and then in the area of the color one i activate the pad i just want it to change to a green.

example: 2 rows are for positions i would like these 2 rows to be red and if i activate a pad in any of the 2 rows it turns green to let me know what i activated

OK

For your example:

What happens if you press the same pad again?
Do the other non-pushed pads all return to red when pressing a given pad that is now green?
Can more than 1 pad be activated at the same time?
I assume you want to pass the activated pad note number to Magic Q. Do you need to send any messages for a pad that was previously activated and is now not activated?

Note that all of these questions may be moot if Chamsys actually controls what is supposed to happen by sending MIDI feedback.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Let me see what info i can get from chamsys and then we can move on. thank you for all you prompt responses and good questions.