Bome Network for Raspberry PI

Any chance we could get a disto of Bome Network PRO that could run on a Raspberry PI?
I am a solo musician and refuse drag around a laptop as part of my rig. I control backing tracks and lighting via a Raspberry PI mounted in my rig. It would be so nice if I could trigger my tracks and lighting via a virtual midi port running on the Raspberry PI over a WiFi network with a Bome box on my pedal board.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Unfortunately, we do not have a Linux distribution of Bome Network. However you could purchase a BomeBox that could be used for fundamental MIDI routing and if you also purchase Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you could develop a more complex project (with dynamic routing and translation) on a Windows or Mac PC and then load and run it on BomeBox with or without a computer. You can also network BomeBoxes together if you would like.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

PS: the BomeBox also acts as WiFi router or connects to an existing WiFi router.

Hi, we have just released Bome Network 1.5.0, with versions for Linux and Raspberry Pi:
https://www.bome.com/products/bomenet#downloads
If you give it a try, please report back how it works for you. It requires a reasonably current Raspberry Pi OS. Thanks!

1 Like