BomeBox Power, Settings and Factory Reset

Almost forgot to ask…

(1) Is there a way to do a full reset of the Bomebox (hardware)? I tried using the instructions (using an older 2G capacity thumb drive, ran the FAT formatting on my Mac, then, placed a blank xxxxxxxxxx_reset_network.txt [where x’s provide the S/N on back of unit] file on root directory, nothing else is on drive). However, when the unit goes through it’s motions, it seems it only resets the WiFi password. When I went back in to the interface it I use my previous PW and it only asked me to add the WiFi pw. So, it actually kept all the other data (name that I provided to unit and rest) stored on interface.

(2) Is there a way to fully reset the Network App? I re-installed, et, it still had all the previous connecting info within. I am sure it is storing some amount of user data in a separate location which it then retrieves upon installation.

Thanks!

If your Mac was not providing good persistent power to the BomeBox, this could cause your BomeBox to continually try rebooting and you would not be able to reliably connect. Until you get a POE adapter try a powered USB hub (but don’t use the charging port, if any) to power your BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

There is a password reset option to change the password. Once you log into the BomeBox, if you go to settings and then to Backup and Firmware, you can click the factory reset button on the web interface. It is the only red button on the page.

Yes you can shut down Bome Network then delete the settings file on your computer and then restart Bome Network and it will create a new blank settings file. See this post.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Note, if you have the latest version of BomeBox firmware, you can also do a factory reset with a thumb drive. See page 30.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Hi Steve!

I think I am almost crossing the finish line to have this working properly. I proceeded to reset the Network software per the link you provided (deleting the settings files/backups, and, App), then, re-installing.

As for the hardware (BomeBox), I had been using the thumb-drive for its reset. However, I believe I was not timing my pushing of the “Pair” button at the appropriate time per these instructions in the manual.

The firmware (v1.5.2) had been updated and confirmed it was the latest per the Bome site.

“Additionally, during start-up with the USB thumb drive plugged into the
BomeBox, both the Power LED and Pair LED will blink for 10 seconds.
The factory reset will be executed by pressing the Pair button now. If you
don’t press the Pair button, start-up of the BomeBox will proceed normally.”

Anyway, seems I am up and running now. Crossing my fingers to ensure the connection is continuous, and not on/off, as the past several days.

OK, let us know how it goes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like