Different behavior if bome box connecte dto pc or in live mode

Hi,
I develop program to connect D live to presonus faderport 16.
When Faderport connected to PC, bomebox connected with ethernet, dlive on ehternet, Bome network on pc and everything connected to my livebox and application open on midi transaltor apps PC, it’s working perfectly.
If I disconnect PC, and put the project directly into bome box, link alias via route and I connect bome box to dedicated live routeur (very good router), dlive to same router, and on USb I connect presonus to usb hub powered, it’s working but for fader transmission it’s very slow. I tested to change router same thing. If I use mute buton it’s instantanly .If I move fader on main LR, it’s taking time. the dlive directof og dlive IOS apps move fader with delay and sometimes, doesn’t move. Maybe trouble on route. or others. Do you have an idea ?

Hi,

It sounds like there may be a MIDI loop somewhere in the configuration or maybe some delay in network IP translation/routing. Could you share:

1. BomeBox Ports, Routes, MIDI Translator, and A&H screens
  2. Copy of project file

What is the purpose of the router in the non-working configuration? Is the Bome Network ethernet and A&H ethernet on the same network?

I took my best shot at diagramming your description.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,
Here is the schema with IP.
I think also it is bad settings. I tried to change route. And also tried to reset completely to restart setings. Nothing works. And Don’t know how the route works.
on second Schema it is anoher router (very good for gamer). the first one is my home router. I tried to change to another router but doesn’t work. DHCP is disale on boem box

Regards

Here is the screen shot of bome setting when faders slow

2022 - Presonus - Dlive V2 - Copie.bmtp (106.2 KB)
here is the project.
regards

Disable - FROM FaderPort2 and TO Faderport2 in project file (only one port is being used) (See notes below as perhaps you really do want to use all 3 FaderPort ports and have not assigned the aliases correctly.

On BomeBox both FaderPort1 and FaderPort2 were going to coming the same device, so translators may have gotten confused and maybe duplicate messages to dLive. Aliases appear to be set up incorrectly.

Disable 6.0-6.9 which generate errors about unknown presets

Not sure of route dLive PAT to PreSonus FP16[2] and dLive Pat to Presonus FP16[3] - Should be there because not in project routing. With that said, maybe you do want FP16[2] and FP16[3] and aliases are not being properly assigned.

Not sure of PreSonus FP16[2] to dLive Pat because not in project routing.
With that said, maybe you do want FP16[2] and FP16[3] and aliases are not being properly assigned.

It appears that translators 6.10 through 6.25 is going to the same port as 6.26 through 6.41 and 6.42 through 6.57

The reverse is true for the return paths. I suspect the first 16 faders should go to and receive from FaderPort1, the second group, FaderPort2 and the third group FaderPort 3.

I will leave it to you to fix this part. Since I’m not 100% sure of your intent on port assignment for faders, I left all of this alone for now.

In summary the key issues appear to be:

1. Improper alias assignement of your FaderPort ports
  2. Improper routing of faders 17-32 in the translators of preset 6
  3. Translators 6.0-6.9 should be disabled. Doesn’t affect functionality but creates errors for non-existing presets

2022 - Presonus - Dlive V2 - Copie-sjc-2022-06-23.bmtp (106.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,
for me just need one route from dlive to PResonus and another from presonus to dlive but I can’t remove it into bomebox. There is automatic routing. I do’nt know how to disable everything and add only this 2 route.
One Dlive to usb presnonus 1 and another one from usb presonus 1 to dlive. On my pc I have presonus connected to PC trhough bom enetwork. Maybe it is the problem.

Hi,

You might want to not autocreate Allen & Heath MIDI routes to all other ports. This is found on the BomeBox Allen & Heath page and should be unchecked as shown.

You project file should control all of your MIDI routing.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi steve,
I don’t know exactly what I did but it seems to works :smiley:
I will test it in live tomorrow.
Thanks

I’m glad you got it working. Yes setting up aliases incorrectly was more than likely the issue. It is crucial that you set them up right. When your project is loaded, it overrides any route settings that you had in the BomeBox. I’m not sure if it does it for Allen & Heath devices (on the Allen & Heath screen) though. I will need to check. For safety, I just leave the automatic routes unchecked everywhere.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Hi,
The problem come back.
Even connected to PC. The fast faders mouvement are not taking in account. I did a video to show you but not sure if I can transfer. When I move on ipad, the faders move perfectly. When I move the faders I need to do slowly otherwise not working. very strange. It’s very urgent. Maybe the program is too big for bome box. Is it possible to have log event monitor to see the midi message without using PC ? If I don’t find the problem I will surrender because I spend too many time on it. I was happy last time but If it’s not stable I can’t use it. I need robust system. Maybe you give me idea to catch what happen.
thanks
here after settings

On the first video, you see if I move on ipad, faders move fastly
on second if I move faders slowly it’s working jerked and if I move fast, it’s not working.
I don’t know What I can do or check.
I’m desperated…
Regards,
here is the link to see the video

Hi, could you repost your project file after the recommended changed I asked you to do in my previous posting ? Especially where you seem to have duplicate translators in preset 6 which I called out earlier.

If you want to monitor what is going out to your dLive from your FaderPort when connected to your BomeBox, you should create another alias called something like “Monitor”. Then you can assign this alias to the port of your choosing (maybe the PC network port and then use the MT Pro monitor log to view what is coming through. You would change all of your appropriate translators to send both “To dLIVE” and “Monitor”.

Ultimately it is better to test and troubleshoot the project on a PC or Mac before even attempting to do it on your BomeBox. I believe you don’t have an issue with using too much memory as this project file size is not that big. Did you say it works OK on Windows or Mac PC?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Could I send you the project to your email ? because it’s confidential.
On PC it’s working better but also some slow sometimes.

Which mail can I use ?

Use the below email:

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

it’s done

Hi,

I think the issue has to do with translator 10.10 and may also be affected by translators 10.15 and 15.16. You may need to check this in the same translator numbers in presets 11-19 as well.

In all three translators you are converting a incoming raw message (any 3 byte message) to a SysEX string.

You probably need a rule so that if the message is pitch bend, it will not send Sysex.
Of course I have no way to test this as I do not have a FaderPort.

// Check for Pitch Bend
rr=mm&0xf0
if rr==0xe0 then exit rules, skip outgoing action.

You may also need to add a translator to ignore note-on 0x68 through 0x70 as the Mackie Protocol (which your faderport uses) generally sends these messages to indicate fader touch.

I would add translators with no outgoing action and "stop processing flag set for this.

Incoming : Note-On Any Note MIDI CH 1 set to pp
Rules:
if pp<0x68 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
if pp>0x70 then exit rules, skip outgoing action

Outgoing: NONE
Options Stop Processing

— Then do the same for note-off

Finally, it is probably better to use local variable instead of global variables as part of the incoming pattern and other translators looking at the same global variable may cause unwanted interaction.

So other then using mm on translators 10.10, maybe use a local variable.

There are 10 Local Variables defined. They are double-letter variables with equal letters:
oo , pp , qq , rr , ss , tt , uu , vv , ww , xx .

To test what is happening, look closely at the log window and insure only the translators you want are firing by looking at their translator number.

To me it is unclear whether you want to send SysEX or NRPN for fader movements. It appears that for Faders LR you want to send NRPN otherwise SysEX.

This is probably the most I can do without having either a dLive or a FaderPort.

I hope this helps!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,
Thanks I check but for me I have the probleme also on Faders LR Preset 9. in fact preset 10 to 19 are deactivated. I use only one on same time. When I sleect aux, I deactivate Faders LR preset and activate only preset for the aux selected.
Could you confirm that when Preset is not activated, hte transaltor are not executed ?