Faderfox / Gig Performer Conundrum?

Again, turning of remote MIDI ports on Computer A will fix it. You can also change setting of Bome Network to not auto start on reboot.

1 Like

brilliant, will do
cheers man

Hi Steve
How are you?
Please can you direct me to the info/tutorial about how to use unlimited midi ports and groups? Searching on the youtube channel but canā€™t find
Ps, just to let you know, Bome Network doesnā€™t interfere with BMT Pro and Gig Performer. The offending app was one that was sleeping called Focusrite Midi Control
Many thanks
Jon

There really is no tutorial (yet) but I wrote this up while I was experimenting.

Bome Unlimited Named MIDI ports are really just connectors or endpoints. Without routing, they actually do nothing as they are connectors to ā€˜nowhereā€™.

When you create a Bome Virtual MIDI port, you create two endpoints. One for INPUT and one for OUTPUT.

You need to use the Bome Network MIDI Router to make them actually useful by creating MIDI routes between the connectors and put real devices or applications on one end of a given connector.

Please see our Tips & Tricks topic how to use the MIDI Router:

For a clean setup, I found it best to create virtual port connections for all physical ports and use applications with the virtual port connectors only. This will also ensure that other devices connected via network can use all MIDI ports available on the local computer/device.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Wow, thereā€™s much to get stuck into there Steve!
Big thanks
Jon

Iā€™ve enhanced and formatted Steveā€™s post. We will make it a new post in the Tips & Tricks section.

1 Like

Thanks Florian

Is gonna take some time to get to grips with it but very keen to do so. Steveā€™s a great help.
Cheers
Jon

Thanks. Florian! As you can see, Iā€™m still learning too.

Steve