Have one control send multiple messages?

Hi,

I found this product after having searched for ways to do this online and as a Windows alternative to Mac’s OSCulator. What I am seeking to do is to have one control send out multiple MIDI messages. For instance, on my Akai MPK Mini MKIII, I want a pad to both send out a Program Change as well as Control Change message with one press.

Is there a way I can do this with Bome? If so, could you please give me a step by step process on how to do it? This is all I really need it for, but if I confirm that it’s possible in the trial version I will probably end up paying for the full version. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the Bome Community.

In your case it would be a Bank Change (that includes a program change). I attached and example here.

Note in the rules, I used local variables to determine the MSB and LSB of the bank change and the OR’d them together to get the final value.

//lsb
pp=1
//msb
qq=2
// shift lsb
qq=qq<<7
// Or them
pp=pp|qq

Bank-Change-with-PC-example.bmtp (1.1 KB)

However if you have a more complex outgoing set of messages, just created different translators with the same incoming trigger but differing outgoing actions and they will be sent in the order of the translators.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

alright honestly I should probably learn how this works lol. What’s the best way to learn how what you sent works?

Download and try it with the Free Trial of Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

If you press F1 while you are in Bome MIDI Translator you will get the PDF copy of the User Manual.

There are also a bunch of tutorials here.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz