HUI Communicate Error in ProTools

When I set up HUI in ProTools, I get an error message saying it can’t communicate.
Please tell me what settings I should be careful of in BMT.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

There are several of possibilities.

1. You need to have a translator that response to the HUI ping maybe you do but it is responding on the wrong channel
  2. You not connecting to the proper input and output ports
  3. I found that sometimes ProTools gets hosed up and does not properly close a given port which means it cannot open it when you start up again. See this post for more details and how to fix it. Usually in this case in Bome MIDI Translator Pro , everything looks good and the settings in ProTools also look good but you still get the communication error.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

I am very grateful that you provided me with a solution.
I performed the method you provided, but there was no improvement and I am still experiencing the same symptoms.
There is a picture of the BMT in the attached file, so could you please take a look at it? If you have a new solution, I would love to hear about it. Thank you in advance.

What ports do you have selected and how are your aliases assigned? I don’t see anything coming in that looks like a ping request in the log.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

I’m using this file.
My goal is to be able to use signals from my MIDI devices to control faders in ProTools.

I would like to provide you with the information necessary to solve your problem, but it would be much appreciated if you could provide more specific information about what you need.

MIDIMix - Fader to HUI-Example.bmtp (2.3 KB)

Select this:

Then you will see something that looks like this.

Show me a screen shot.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

I completely overlooked the setup you showed me.
I tried the setup shown in the image and was able to control the faders in ProTools from my MIDI device.
That was very helpful. Thank you so much.

1 Like