LED Feedback for Launch Control XL

Hi Steve
Here is part of my project, in that I switch in Model Layer and for that model layer LED feedback work properly. So while working with pad button I firstly use qq values to set min and max limit to choose between the type of VCO and it worked okay. But just want to give a feedback for each pad I use like when the certain parameter is selected is should be give a LED feedback, earlier I use toggle option like below, if I click particular it should give me response in Red LED colour. It work independently with preset.
// toggle global variable
ga=ga^1
qq=0
if ga==1 then qq=15

I want to know how would I achieve min and max limit set to button with LED feedback to pad button.

Bome.bmtp (3.8 KB)

Hi, since this is an entirely different question, I moved it to another topic.

First of all I recommend you always use aliases instead of the HW port name. I changed your input and output of preset 2 to ‘My Controller’ which is aliased to ‘Launch Control XL’. Hard coding it to a certain physical port name will make it more difficult later when updating your project, especially if the operating system gives it a different physical port name.

Then for each control that you want to toggle you need to use a separate global variable. I used ‘ga’ for the first example but each button should have it’s own global variable.

Both local and global variables are discussed on page 88 of the Bome MIDI Translator Pro Manual. You can also pull up a PDF version by pressing F1 within Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

I set these up on translators 2.0-2.4 and added in rules a perform action passing the first variable as the incoming CC number and the second variable as the velocity. I got the CC number from the incoming button by capturing into pp.

I hope this helps!
Bome-2024-09-30.bmtp (4.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi steve
Thanks for help.
I’m making progress toward my project thanks a lot for every replied you did it help me a lot.

I have set separately global parameters for global and local variable and I got I wanted to achieve at first place.

I need your help, I use toggle variable rule for LED feedback
// toggle global variable
gb=gb^1
rr=0
if gb==1 then rr=15
but wan to also toggle LED feedback between Row buttons like if my first button on top row say CC#33 is active and then I press CC#32 very next buttom from same row then CC#33 LED should turn of and CC#32 LED feedback should have active and if I press now CC#37 from top row it shoul be behave like CC#32 LED feedback should be turn off and activate CC#37.

So you want the buttons to toggle off and on if you hit the same button, but if you hit a different button on that row, all of the other buttons in that row go to an off state?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes, in terms of LED feedback only so that it will easy for me which parameter is active or so.

OK, so I employed a different strategy here.

Instead of different global variables for each button, I now us a single global variable (g0) as a bitmap. Bit 0 represents the first button and so forth.
Now the rules do a bit shift on the global variable and toggle that bit if off then I do a perform ‘Clear Top’ to clear all of the LEDs prior to sending the feedback. If the state of the button was on then I turn it off.

The disadvantage is that with bit shifting, rules are more complex however a single variable is 32 bits so you can control up to 32 on/of states with a single variable.

Bitwise operations are explained in this post.

Here is the updated project file.

Bome-2024-10-03.bmtp (6.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi steve
Is it possible to change LED feedback of knob according to selected model?

Example -
CC#33 select model in my synth then with particular know have certain LED feedback only that knob which are assigned for that model. And when I press CC#34 which id different model then LED feedback should have change according the knob which I map with that model.

Yes, look at the below example.

Translator 2.5 is the top left knob on my Launch Control XL. It sends CC 13.

I have a rule that looks at bit 0.

If bit 0 = 0 the outgoing CC will be 100.
If bit 0 =1 the outgoing CC will be 101.

Note that the current value of the CC might jump from it’s original value when you change CCs as these are absolute knobs.

Here are the rules:

// get bit 0 from global variable
pp=g0>>0
//mask other bits
pp=pp&1
// set default outgoing CC number to 100
uu=100
// if the bit is 1 make outgoing CC number 101
if pp==1 then uu=101

And the project file.
Bome-2024-10-07.bmtp (7.0 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve
I have to to alter the LED feedback of knob but could get there please
LED Feedback.bmtp (5.1 KB)
help me.

Hi,

Can you point me to the translator you are referring to and which knob LED you want to update with which color?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I’m referring first and second knob from launch control XL
Second and fourth translator from model preset

I don’t see a model preset. Maybe you posted the wrong project file.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Sorry insted of model I have change it to shift.
Please check preset shift layer switch and shift where I have added sysex message for LED feedback for knob 1 and Knob 1.

Well first of all you had your output devices set wrong at the preset and the translator level.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

Secondly, it looks you may have been sending the LED value to the wrong template and an invalid value. For me I changed it to user template 0 instead of user template 1 and set the colors based on the CC value.

// Which template
oo=0
// Select a color
if qq<30 then tt=15
if qq>=30 then tt=63
if qq>=40 then tt=62
if qq>50 then tt=60

I then used the local variables to send a valid color to the defined template.

F0 00 20 29 02 11 78 oo 01 tt F7

Thirdly, you should be using aliases instead of your physical device. You should also set you MIDI thru routes to the aliases.

I have my aliases set as follows:

and thru paths as follows.
You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

I’ve attached the updated project file. I also turned on the CC to the Applications which will default to the preset level and then for feedback change the output to go to “My Controller”
LED Feedback-2024-10-18.bmtp (5.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care