Merging two MT Pro Project files

Hi Steve,

I have some questions about BMT again.

In the project ‘Switching GP-100 up with CC11 and down with CC10’, how do I get the Translator 2 ‘Patch Decrement’ to only go back to the value ga=2?

How can I then add this project as ‘Preset 3’ to the already existing project ‘Playlist Reset and Start-Stop’ so that it is always active as Preset 3?

Thanks for your support.

Switching GP-100 up with CC11 and down with CC10.bmtp (2.3 KB)
Playlist Reset and Start-Stop.bmtp (2.8 KB)

In rules of Patch Decrement, remove existing rules and then add

ga=2

Then I would rename ‘Patch Decrement’ to ‘Goto PC 2’ or similar.

First of all set up Bome MIDI Translator Pro so that you can run multiple instances in settings.

Now you can open both files and the copy and paste the preset from one file to the other and move it into the right position.
I would recommend also copying the ‘Init Preset’ as it documents and sets your global variable.

Then for the preset Patch Switch make sure it’s ‘Always Active’ Option is checked.

Once you place the presets in the order you want them in the newley modified project file, you may have to go to rules of the translators that have hardcoded preset numbers and change them to the positions that you want.

Then use Save As to save your project file to the new name.
You may need have to adjust your alias names and device routing if they were different in both projects.

I will be changing the name of this to a new thread since it is a different question.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks, the merging worked.

Unfortunately, I expressed myself incorrectly in the question about the project “Switching GP-100 up with CC11 and down with CC10”. With Translator 2 ‘Patch Decrement’ I want to go back one patch with each key press, but not further than ga=2. How can I implement this in the new merged Project file?

Playlist reset + start-stop and GP-100 up-down.bmtp (4.5 KB)

These rules

ga=ga-1
if ga<2 then ga=2

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like