MIDI devices do not exist

Hi,

I just booted up my p.c. and Bome MT Pro is saying that my Launch pad's and Komplete Kontrol don't exist and that the status is set to pending. I am not getting any activity in the event monitor. I am, however, getting activity in the Cubase Generic remote. So it is not the drivers for the MIDI devices. I am running the latest version of BMT Pro.

Please help.

Attachments:
![](upload://nXdpIMWWaReMw6gqAPibxNFt6Kg.png)

Hi,

If you shut down Cubase and all other MIDI applications can you see the ports in MT Pro? Could you show me a screen shot of how the ports are seen by Cubase. Also a screen shot of any ports that are seen by MT Pro?

The only time if seen this type of problem is if there is a third party driver (not native Windows 10) installed.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steven,

I have tried many things. Including disabling MIDI devices in Windows, disabling their software counter parts, closing all apps, restarting my pc and ONLY opening Bome. No luck. The ports in my project are greyed out. See picture.
I have not made any changes to my pc other than a Windows update this morning that may have done something. But that was after I was already having this issue. Strange that before I would load my project and it would have an error saying that my launchpad\'s and Komplete Kontrol did not exist. But now I am not even getting that message.
Thanks in advance.
Jesse

Attachments:
![](upload://mhred1uQVzI5I0kK16lL3Npon0E.png)

Here is a screenshot of there being no option to select my launchpads as input.

Attachments:
![](upload://qBO78PiZt6PoeYETgXfb6Mbi5BM.png)

Here is a list of all the services currently running on my pc.

Attachments:
![](upload://cguIKlFjXOuAgvm87H5oZVnvG6y.png)
![](upload://lvUZKPM8sSQmZzFamfVKtbfodVs.png)
![](upload://5dJHMo3WPehau0iTeRSQmPHyRU7.png)
![](upload://j3eIdmOn8v8wEfa6UNqpYbSgwQe.png)
![](upload://8nFiZKSP1eOU8ZSaie3i2mP6O6o.png)
![](upload://rr94JXMLel83xmGYOBUGtSbx372.png)

I have tried to download the full version of BMT Pro but when I go to install it I get the following error.

Attachments:
![](upload://7MTkELBlmGrvz1xcGcsby8gGOTm.png)

Screenshot 1

Attachments:
![](upload://bReeSeAtCZnI3aPp5t2PZWbs9cg.png)

Screenshot 2

Attachments:
![](upload://u7967egvfZzipNl5kMtkLERt2vM.png)

Did you say, that other applications see the ports OK?  If so could you provide a screenshot of another application that sees them. 

TextInputFramework.dll is a Windows 10 file so perhaps it is corrupt. Maybe the below post from Microsoft will help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/textinputframeworkdll-bad-image/33ea7dea-7e73-4543-94e6-f88224a28e4f

With that said, if no applications are seeing your MIDI devices, then it is possible the drivers are corrupt or dated. I'm pretty sure you probably checked this but need to bring it up to be sure.

I have on occassion had to delete the software device in Windows Device manager after unplugging it, then re-attach it and let Windows re-assign it. 

As far as MT Pro not installing. I would try de-installing MT Pro first then re-installing to see if that clears things up.

To isolate the issue, I would suggest you try to install another application that uses MIDI and see if the problem exists in that application as well.  Maybe look at Bome SendSX?

Could you do a screen shot of the software devices in Dev Manager and also the Sound devices?

Here are the 3 screenshots you requested.

Cheers,

Attachments:
![](upload://cFHi6gqbKUamjIkyb3or3nqB2HL.png)
![](upload://zbOqRTTqNIpDM3bGl8UWI15Flcd.png)
![](upload://5ska9LUs0mLjvGmqZLgKjvrmVVw.png)

Thanks,

Did you say that other applications can see the devices? Could you provide a screenshot what another application sees? (Like Cubase, Ableton Live, SendSX, MIDI Tools)

Does the Vienna Instruments us the standard Win10 driver or it's own?  How long has that driver/device existed on your system?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Sure. I just added a screenshot of Cubase. Vienna has been on there for about 9 months.

OK thanks,

Cubase sees the ports so that is good so the issue is likely related to sucessful re-install of MT Pro.

With that said, I think the first order of business is to figure out the DLL issue so that you can re-install MT Pro. Did you check out the Microsoft web site I pointed you to regarding the DLL issue? You might need to do a clean boot to recover the missing/corrupt DLL first.

Did you try de-installing it then re-installing MT-Pro? If you have antivirus running, could you see if any files were quaranteened by the antivirus program? Maybe you can recover any quaranteened files there.

It looks like Cubase can see the ports which is good. Could you download and see if you can see them with SendSX? (The download if free).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hey Steven,

I\'m still having issues with the missing/corrupt DLL. I might do a fresh install of Windows tomorrow. I did actually reinstall Bome MT Pro even though the corrupt DLL pop up kept popping up. SendSX was a different story though and Bome MT Classic also would not start due to the corrupt DLL file. Bome MT Pro was still not picking up my MIDI devices. I hope a clean install of Windows fixes the DLL file and then I will get back to you.

You

\"If you have antivirus running, could you see if any files were quaranteened by the antivirus program\"

Me

how do I do that?

Checking for quarantined items in your antivirus program is really dependent on what you are using. If you are using McAfee Total Protection, I can tell you how it is done there.

Thanks, yes I believe fixing the DLL issue will likely correct the problem. At the site I pointed you to, there are links to try to fix it if you don’t want a fresh Windows 10 install.

Good news, the Windows re- install seems to have worked. Bome MT Pro is now seeing all my MIDI devices. However at this point, I am not getting any activity in the event monitor.

Attachments:
![](upload://xzPVTKlXaRq3y9fO7vAlUWA1YoJ.png)

Hi, Make sure you check the input ports of the devices you want to use at the project level.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

OK, that worked. Except I am only seeing the option to select Launch Pad 3 as an input. see Pic.

Attachments:
![](upload://96PLq7S8iutnhcGZdjhvRb9lvZd.png)

Looks like you need to create more aliases. Maybe at some point the .bmts file (which has the alias definitions) was lost or the aliases where cleared.

Let me know if you need help in how to set up aliases.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks for all the help. It looks like Bome MT pro is picking up all three launchpads at this stage and my project looks to be working without the need to set the inputs and outputs. I am currently downloading Cubase. I will let you know if I need any further assistance. Thanks again for the help.