MIDI is not translated

Hello,
I would like to change Midi Messages from Control Changes to Note On. Creating the translator is not a problem so far. While I´m creating the translators everything works and I receive the correct midi message (Note On) in my program.

I patched the midi router on project level: from nanoKontrol (which is my midi device) to BOME Midi Translator 1 Virtual Out.

Here comes my problem: As son as I close Bome and start it again, I don´t recieve Note On`s in my software anymore. I just receive Control Changes. I have already started the software and Bone in different orders. But I still just receive Control Changes. I don´t understand why it´s not working for the saved file, but when I create a new translator, only the new one works.

Can you please help me to find the error after opening a saved file?

Kind regards,
Michael

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Please post your project file and I will take a look. What software are you sending your MIDI to?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi,

thank you for looking into the file :slight_smile:

Please find attached file. I would like to use it together with dot2onPC (from ma lightning).

Kind regards,
Michael

korgNano.bmtp (14.7 KB)

Hi, perhaps you have selected the wrong scene. On my controller in assignable mode, Scene 2 are the faders for MIDI CH2.

You can tell if a translator triggers by doing this.
Check MIDI IN and Incoming in the Log window. If you just see MIDI in, then you have no translators that match the incoming MIDI message. If you have both, you will see which translator is used for that incoming message.

You and also compare MIDI OUT and. If all you have is MIDI out, then it is coming through the MIDI thru routing path. If you have both, then the message is being processed by a translator and you will see which one is processing it.

Another thing to look into is that the Korg MIDI drivers misbehave and sometime re-install themselves. It turns out if you have more than 10 MIDI devices (virtual or real) then your device may not show up at all. See this post on the nanoKontrol2 which also applies to any other Korg MIDI drivers.

In the attached file, All I did was create an alias for dot2 and then set up the thru path to go to that alias.

korgNano–sjc.bmtp (14.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi Steve,

your hint regarding the scene was right.

I´m sorry, I bought the midi controller just a few days ago…

Thank you very much for your fast answers and help. I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Best,
Michael

1 Like