OSC ? - - -

Hi, Is OSC implemented in MT yet? I've just downloaded the latest demo version but I cant see it mentioned in the menu's or the documentation. If its not there yet do you have a time frame? Thanks!

No OSC is not in there. Someone asked similar question a few days ago. I have a message to Florian about this and other possibly planned features.

Steve

bome@sniz.biz

Independent Bome Programming Specialst

Bome Q&A Moderator.

Ok thanks, I did a search for OSC and nothing recent came up (maybe the search is just bad?) so sorry to repeat the question.

No worries, it wasn’t obvious. It was embedded with list of other requested features in the below post:

https://www.bome.com/support/kb/looking-forward-to-new-features-of-the-bomebox?backlink=L3N1cHBvcnQ%3D

It’s the next big feature for MT Pro, but we’re still not fully done with development. But it’s working on prototype level! (we generally don’t disclose estimated release dates).

Thanks Florian ?

I’d like to bump this request. I know it is being planned for some time now. I have an RME UFX and my goal would be use the class compliant Presonus Faderport 16 to control thr UFX via OSC. I know I can control Total mix with MIDI functions, but many features on TotalMix are not controllable over due midi but can be controlled via OSC. If Bomebox adds this functionality, then I will buy it. I dont think there is another solution until then:)

Hi,

In the meantime, maybe look into https://centralcontrol.io/ as they have software that may be able to convert MIDI to OSC and since your RME is connected to a computer anyway, this solution may work for you.

Steve

Thank you:) I reached out to the dev on that. I have to test the UFX with Maschine as it will recognise the UFX in class compliant. I suspect the full drivers attached to the PC allow for OSC and that in class, compliant mode OSC is not available. I know that in stand alone thr UFX doesn’t support it. If CC mode does allow it, then the real benefit will come if Bomes supports it in the box. I won’t be able to test this out for a few weeks, but I will respond back.

I’ve used this tool to translate MIDI from My BomeBox and access Gig Performer and VMIX OSC functionality using my Windows PC.

If you are on a Mac, you could probably use OSCULATOR.

I understand that you want this capability native to BomeBox so are giving you alternatives until such time it might be available on BomeBox.

Steve

Totally! I really appreciate it too. The developers got back to me and mentioned it will suffice even without a module for TM (via Midi)

My Best,

GP

Gianpiero Furfaro

Yes, I anticipated that. They are a small team but their support is very good!

Steve