Possible solution using BOME, HUI using Protools alongside a custom Midi control and Fadermate

Hey all,

Very new to this forum! I was recommended to take a look as this as a possible solution for my current problem. Let me try and explain. :slight_smile:
I currently have a solution for flying faders on my analog console. Its called Fadermate, http://fadermate.co.uk/ It works using HUi and is only the fader side of HUI. It works great and I currently use 24 channels. You actually setup empty tracks in protools to control and record the faders,
When I first purchased it I was toying with Cubase instead of protools and actually developed my own midi controller per channel so I could manage read write touch modes as well as mute and solo control.
It works great using the midi mapping features in cubase but HUI doesn’t. Anyway now I am pretty happy with protools and would love to use my controller in protools. Here is a video of the guy I hired to help me design the code for me. Expanding TONS of Switches/LEDs with Arduino (Teensy + ATtiny) and Controlling over MIDI! - YouTube.
It essentially sends midi notes that I would map to functions. Anyway what I want to do is use BOME
to translate my midi button commands to HUI so I can use it alongside my Fadermate system.
I hope that makes sense!!
Eric

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Indeed Bome MIDI Translator Pro can convert MIDI to HUI protocol. The HUI protocol is a bit complex so explaining this all on this forum is beyond the scope of free support, however I have an examples with 2 controls attached.
The first one converts CC movements (absolute) to HUI fader movements.
The second one converts note to Read Automation.

I found this link which describes the HUI protocol from someone that reverse engineered it.

CC-and Note to HUI-Example.bmtp (2.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Great!
I would be happy to hire you to assist in getting this sorted. Although the idea of learning this is very cool I am sadly pretty busy and paying an expert is a way better path. Should I engage you via email moving forward?

@eric-0937

Yes, please drop me an email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

2 posts were split to a new topic: IZ Radar 6 and Trident 78 console using HUI to MMC