I'm working on a project so i can switch from Mackie Control to general Midi CC for the control surface I am using. The mackie protocol is good for track mixing but I also want to use the motorised faders for vst intrument knobs etc that rely on cc data. I have got everything working except the motorised faders receiving return data so they track the movement of the cc automation data from the cubase software I have mapped to. I can't quite get my mind around the return routing to the D400 hardware. Hope someone can help.
here's the detail
Asparion D400 – control surface transport and 8 motorised fader unit that uses Mackie control protocol
Windows 7, Cubase 7.5
- Be able to switch the Asparion motorised faders to CC mode (from Mackie protocol). This involves:
- Converting the pitch bend data Mackie sends from its faders to cc 0-127. I have worked this out using 2 rules to convert the pitch bend data to a range of 1-127 for selected cc in outgoing section of translator
- Rerouting the cc data to a different port so I can “plug it into” a generic midi device to drive Quick control faders in Cubase. I have also worked this out using a specific port (BMT2) on the outgoing section of the translator
What I can get working in Bome
- The preset that covers 1 &2 – can now switch the faders to CC mode and get CC information into the right track and Quick control and the Quick control in Cubase moves in sync with my track automation (which was recorded and received from my Asparion hardware fader)
- The motorised fader is not moving with the software quick control.
- I think its to do with my routings but I can’t think through how to ensure that the out from the Cubase generic remote which I have set to BMT will get back to the D400 unit and the motorised fader
- I can configure the Asparion unit to send CCs (rather than Mackie mode) from its faders
- I can confirm when I link the Asparion to the generic control in Cubase it sends and receives fine and the motorised fader works tracks the movement of the quick control in cubase– so I know the unit and Cubase can do this. The problem is it’s a lot of messing around so I would like to use BOME to do the translations so I switch in real time