Switching patches with the + button

Hi Steve, I would like to create a rule in BMT that allows me to use the + button to easily switch the presets from my Roland GP-100 Guitar Preamp via Midi. Preset 1, Preset 2 and so on. I created the routing, but I don’t know how to implement it in BMT. Do you have an idea for this?

Hi,

Try the following. It has two presets

Preset 0 ‘Init’ 3 translators
0.0 - Trigger one shot timer ‘Init’ when project is opened
0.1 - Trigger one shot timer ‘Init’ with control up-arrow
0.2 - On timer ‘Init’ Initialized global variables. In this case I use the global variable ga for then initial Program change
0.3 - On timer ‘Init’ send initial program change

Preset 1 - Patch Switch
One translators increments ga in rules and sets the new program change ga

Here is how I have my aliases set up.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

PCwithplus.bmtp (1.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve, with some adjustments it works great!

1 Like

Hi Steve, is there also a template of a rule that allows me to select presets directly with the number keys without having to create each program change individually, i.e. preset 1 with key 1, preset 2 with key 2 and so on.

Sure, but you will need to have different translators for each incoming keystroke, then you can have the outgoing action of each translator switch to a different preset name or number or do a different program change.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you for the information. Is there a template for thias that can be customized?

Yeah, pretty simple, I started this one. Only created 0,1, and 2. You can continue on from here.

key-to-pc–example.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve, I would like to add a function to the existing Project that allows me to switch the pre-selected patch to the next patch by using a footswitch (Translator 10). This works on its own, but not in combination with a previously selected patch, as the next patch is selected depending on ga. How can I implement this to make it work? Thanks for your support!

Switching Patches with numbers and + GP-100.bmtp (3.8 KB)

Hi,

It was a matter of setting ga in the rules of translator 0.0-0.9 and instead of output a hardcoded number, just outputting the value of ga.

I then set this in the last translator to 11 instead of 12 which it was.

// cycle back to the first
if ga>11 then ga=2

Untested but it should work.

Switching Patches with numbers and + GP-100-sjc.bmtp (3.9 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks, that’s exactly how it should work.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Merging two MT Pro Project files