Windows 11 Bome Network Software Won't Install

Hi,

I recently reinstalled Windows 11 and when I went to reinstall Bome Network, the app will no longer launch. It sits in the background, and when clicked, instantly dies. I cannot verify the service is running. I have removed and reinstalled Bome Network multiple times. Is there alternative solution to installing the software? The Bome box is connected to the network via a network cable.

Thanks,
Jesse

Hi,

We have many customers running Windows 11 with no issues so maybe something else is going on here.

Try

1. Uninstall Bome Network
  2. Go to the folder %AppData%\Roaming\Bome
  3. Delete the file “BomeNet.bmts” (or rename it)
  4. Re install Bome Network

My theory is maybe something in the BomeNet.bmts file got corrupted. Note that deleting this file will also mean needing to recreate Bome virtual ports (if you have unlimited named virtual ports) and then set up any port routing again.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

@jesse.alan.johnson , this is a serious issue. Could you please check if there is a crash report, and if yes, send it to us? Thank you!

BomeNet.exe.13404.zip (89.4 KB)

Hi,

Please see attached dump file. Bome has worked flawlessly before this and I appreciate the assistance.

Ty,
Jesse

Thank you! In the mean time, you could check if it works with the previous release 1.4.2:
https://www.bome.com/downloads#bomenet
You can just over-install for the downgrade.

Hmmm, I think that you have actually installed version 1.4.2. We’ve released 1.5.0 last week:
https://www.bome.com/products/bomenet#downloads

1.5 and 1.4 give the same experience; installs fine and then immediately crashes. It has to be something with my system or you would be seeing a lot more of these errors. Are there any clues in the crash file? Of course, using the web interface on the Bome box works fine. Only the network midi seems to be unstable for me.

Thanks,
Jesse

Does the software require a .net library or some other apis to run?

The executable has all of the dependent files it needs in the same folder.

Stay tuned on crash related information. Again, there must be something on your system as we have multiple Windows 11 users that do not have any problems. Still a mystery at this point.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Jesse, thank you for all your efforts. This is a very serious problem. Unfortunately, the crash dump you’ve attached here does not contain usable information (which is not your fault). Later today or tomorrow, I will you send a private download link for a debug version which will hopefully give us a clue where the problem is occurring. Sorry!
We’ll also do some extended Windows 11 tests.

It is working. My computer conducted an update which included an update to the browser. I reinstalled on a whim and restarted and the service is running.

Hi Jesse,
thank you very much. That’s great to hear! Unfortunately, it will not allow us to find the cause of your problem. But it might have been some kind of incompatibility with that older version of Windows 11. In our renewed Windows 11 testing, we have not found any problem.

Thanks,
Florian