Tutorial: Redundant Failover with BomeBox and Allen & Heath Digital Mixer

Hi,

We just published a tutorial on Redundant Failover with BomeBox and Allen & Heath Digital Mixer.

This tutorial requires a BomeBox firmware 1.5 (or later).
https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox#downloads

The project files used in this tutorial can be found below:
Allen-and-Heath-Failover-Manual.bmtp (8.4 KB)

Allen-and-Heath-Failover-Connection-Drop.bmtp (8.4 KB)

Allen-and-Heath-FailoverTiming-Clock.bmtp (8.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I am currently working in this situation and I would like to understand better if Bome box can be useful to me. I would like a clarification about the hardware connections. If the mixer was QU or SQ series, I could use the USB port from the mixer to the Bomebox and the 2 rj45 ports from Bomebox to the computers (main and backup). it’s right?
how could i use this configuration if the mixer was a dlive series? the midi port of the dlive series is an ethernet connection.

Thank you !

Simone

Hi, and welcome to the Bome community!

The BomeBox supports ethernet connections to certain Allen and Heath Devices, including the dLive mixers. In your configuration you would use Bome Network to your two computers and ethernet using Allen and Heath protocol to your dLive. They would all need to be on the same network. The BomeBox should automaatically recognize the dLive mixer when connected if you set the BomeBox to do so using the Allen&Heath configuration page.

You could set up static routing with your BomeBox, or if you also purchase Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you could load a project file on your BomeBox that did dynamic routing and failover as indicated in this post and the video.

If you want your computers talk to each other directly, you would also need to upgrade to Bome Network Pro as Bome Network only allows connecting between BomeBox and a computer.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you so much Steve,

this is exactly the answer I was hoping for. I bought Bomebox last night, i think it’s the right way. I’ll update you soon!

Cheers.

Simone

Awesome. Thanks!

Let us know if you need any help.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

A post was split to a new topic: Route Ableton from two computers to BomeBox